Rare Disease Support
We Are Improving the Lives of Patients Battling Cancer, Orphan, and Rare Disease
We specialize in personalized programs and support for patients living with rare disease.
We know that sometimes these diseases can present relatively common symptoms and can hide underlying rare diseases, which can lead to misdiagnosis and a delay in treatment.
Some Stats for Rare Disease*
There are 300 million people worldwide living with a rare disease, which is about 3.5-5.9% of the population
There are over 6,000 different documented rare diseases
72% of rare diseases are genetic
70% of those genetic rare diseases start in childhood
How Can CareMed Help Patients with Rare Disease?
Even though a rare disease is only considered “rare” because it only affects fewer than 1 in 2,000 people1 – CareMed is here to help you through every step of your treatment journey.
- We act as your advocate with your physician, insurance company, and others involved in your treatment.
- Assistance with copays and out-of-pocket costs if you are concerned about the cost of your medication. Call our Patient Assistance Program (PAP) Team to find out if you qualify.
- Education about your medication, its dosage, any potential side effects, along with 24/7 access to our clinicians and pharmacists.
- Free shipping via FedEx. If you signed up for our texting program, you will be texted your tracking number before we ship.
- When it’s time for a refill, we have you covered. We will send you refill reminders and call you to schedule your refill seven days prior to your refill due date.
If you are a provider and would like to refer to CareMed, click below for our order forms.